Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training Course hands-on
This 15 day Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training course has been developed to provide a full and thorough training package for all personnel who require an in depth knowledge and understanding of Multi-TDL operations.
The subject matter provides the required core competencies and may also be supplemented with other optional modules. To ensure commonality of training, we recommend that the syllabus below is utilised. However, should any alterations be required these can be arranged.
All Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training course modules have clearly defined Training Objectives (TOs). Instructors ensure that these TOs have been understood by all participants. Students participate in practical exercises, generally in pairs, throughout the training, both to reinforce their learning, and also to act as a check of understanding. The training places an emphasis on discussion and cooperative learning and actively encourages participation by all. Formal evaluation is not included, unless requested.
Where appropriate, lessons are supported by the use of simulations and operational systems, further detailed in the syllabus. These include:
• Diginext Multi Link Simulation System (TACTX);
• Data Link Training Suite (DLTS) for Link 11, 16 and Multi-Link;
• Tactical Network Design Station (TNDS);
• Thales Network Management System (NMS);
• Joint Range Extension (JRE)
Students receive copies of the training material in both hand-out and electronic form. Each student also receives a copy of the Introduction to MIDS Link 16, and the MIDS Link 16 Network Design and Management training manual.
Duration: 15 days
- Link 16 JTIDS | MIDS Training | Intro/Intermediate/Advanced Level
- Link 16 Network Design and Management Training (Advanced)
- Link 16 Network Planning Training | Introduction/Advanced level
- Link 16 System Integration Training | Intermediate/Advanced Level
- OPTASK Link Training | Expert Level Training
- Principles of Tactical Data Link (TDL) Testing Training
- Multi-Link Operations and Issues Training (Advanced)
- Tactical Data Link (TDL) Configuration Management (CM) Training
- Military Integrated Logistics Information System Training | MILIS Training Course
- Military Operational Capability Concept Training | OCD Training
• If you are familiar with some aspects of Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
After completing this Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training course, attendees will be able to:
Data Link Manager (DLM) / Interface Control Officer (ICO) Training – Course Outline:
•Introduction to TDLs
•Link 11A System
•Link 11 Messages
•Link 11B System
•Introduction to Data Link Training Suite (DLTS)
•Link 11 DLTS
DAYS 2 and 3
•Introduction to MIDS Link 16
•Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
•Time Slot Composition
•Transmit and Receive Rules of J-Series Messages
•STANAG 5516 Minimum Implementation (MinImp)
•Network Participation Groups (NPGs)
•Nets and networks
•Synchronisation and time
•Link 16 network roles
•Communications Security (COMSEC) and MIDS Signal Processing
•Link 16 Radio Frequency (RF) signal
•Link 16 terminals and Interference Protection Feature (IPF)
•Link 16 OPTASK LINK
•Link 22 OPTASK LINK
•Variable Message Format (VMF)
•TDL Comparison and Data Forwarding
•Joint Range Extension (JRE) Application Protocol (AP)
•JTIDS Coordination Message (CM), JTIDS Forecast Activity Report (JFAR), and
JTIDS Activity Report (AR)
DAYS 7 to 9
•Planning Exercises: practical Multi-TDL planning
•Network Design (practical)
•Initialisation Data Load (IDL) preparation
DAYS 12 to 14
•DLTS Link 11
•DLTS Link 16
•DLTS Links 11 and 16
•DLTS Links 11, 16, and JRE
•Multi-TDL Network Management
•Link 16 Network Analysis
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information