Offline Payments also Available
MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training Hands-on Labs
The MIL-STD-1553 data bus is presently used in many advanced military programs and is also used to update systems in older programs. The applications are expanding rapidly requiring more trained engineers to deal effectively with the technology.
This MIL-STD-1553 Training bootcamp presents a thorough discussion of MIL-STD-1553 theory, application and testing. Problem areas in the standard are clarified and available options are examined. Two lab sessions illustrate the material being taught by providing students with hands-on experience in identifying 1553 communication and troubleshooting remote terminal problems
The MIL-STD-1553 Training bootcamp notebook contains over 130 pages of class notes, MIL-STD-1553 and information on 1553 related products is also made available
Duration: 3 days
MIL-1553 Training | MIL-STD-1553 Training – Objectives:
After completing this MIL-STD-1553 Training course, attendees will be able to:
• Introduction to Multiplexing & MIL-STD-1553 Integration and multiplexing, evolution and history of MIL-STD-1553, applications of MIL-STD-1553, overview of MIL-STD-1553.
• MIL-STD-1553: Definitions, Encoding & Formats Definitions of basic 1553 terms, data bus operation, data encoding, word sync, word formats, message formats, intermessage gap, response time.
• Decoding Manchester encoded words and identifying message formats.
• MIL-STD-1553: Protocol Command word, mode codes, mode command formats, data word, status word, message error bit.
• MIL-STD-1553: Terminal Operation Common operation, Bus Controller operation, Remote Terminal operation, Bus Monitor operation.
• MIL-STD-1553: Hardware Characteristics Data bus cable, data bus coupling, terminal input/output characteristics, redundant data bus requirements.
• Hardware Design Terminal design-functional elements, Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor requirements, data bus network considerations, overview of available vendor products.
• Practice in troubleshooting Remote Terminal problems.
• System Design Data bus topology (single & multiple levels), data bus control, partitioning & redundancy, bus loading.
• Software Design Bus Controller/Remote Terminal/Bus Monitor S/W, data transfer, data grouping, system control & requirements, errors & failures, message headers, message sequences, synchronous message timing
• Philosophy of Testing & Phases of Testing Evaluation of testing, development tests, design verification, production tests, system tests, field testing, system self-test.
• Test Requirements Electrical interface, noise rejection, Remote Terminal protocol, Bus Controllers, Bus Monitors, system.
• Test Equipment: Requirements & Overview Test equipment functional requirements, common interface requirements, Remote Terminal tester, Bus Controller tester, Bus Monitor, bus activity simulator, overview of available test equipment.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information