SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training – Hands-on
The SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training is a comprehensive overview and detailed explanation of Solarwinds® modules for the “Advanced Server” track.
The SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training class is led by a seasoned engineer with experience working on hundreds of unique Solarwinds® environments for companies of all sizes.
Duration: 4 days
- Solarwinds Orion 101: Introduction to Solarwinds Training
- Solarwinds Orion 201: Advanced Network Training
- SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training
- Solarwinds Orion 301: Database & Automation Training
- Solarwinds Orion 302: Log and Event Manager Training
- Solarwinds Orion 303: Web Help Desk – Installation & Advanced Configuration Training
» If you are familiar with some aspects of SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
» We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
» If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training course:
» Networking team
Upon completing this SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
» Students would highly benefit from a basic understanding of the Transact-SQL and PowerShell languages, but not required.
SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training – Course Syllabus:
Day 1: Server and Application Monitor
• Orion Architecture Best Practices
• Primary Polling Engine
• Additional Polling Engines
• Additional Web Engines
• SQL Server
• Discovery of Applications in the Enterprise
• AppInsight Templates vs. Standard Templates
• AppInsight for IIS and AppInsight for SQL applied
• Custom Script Component Monitors
• Hands-On creating custom PowerShell script monitors
• Baselining and Thresholds for Application Alerts
Day 2: Database Performance Analyzer; Website Performance Monitor
• Installation and Initial Configuration of DPA
• Integration of DPA with Orion and SAM
• Overview of DPA Capabilities
• Monitoring Waits and Blocks
• Alerting and Reporting from the DPA Web Console
• Installation and Configuration of WPM
• Overview of WPM Capabilities
• User-Experience Monitoring Theories
• Creating WPM transactions
• Alerting and Reporting with WPM data
Day 3: Virtualization Manager; Storage Resource Monitor; AppStack View; Application Maps
• Installation and initial Configuration of VMAN
• Integration of VMAN with Orion
• VMAN Management, Alerting, and Reporting from the Orion platform
• Installation and Configuration of SRM
• Alerting and Reporting with SRM data
• Using Network Atlas to create hybrid application maps for the enterprise
• SolarWinds AppStack view overview
Day 4: Custom SQL Alerts and Reports
• Introduction to the Transact-SQL language and basic queries
• Introduction to the Orion SQL Database schema
• Custom SQL Reporting using both the Web Report Engine and the Orion Report Writer application
• Custom SQL Alerts using the Web Alert Engine
SolarWinds Orion 202: Advanced Server Training – LABS:
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!
Request More Information